Learn About the Berry Method ®
Lauren Berry was a renowned PT and Structural Engineer. He was one of our most effective practitioners and teachers of massage therapy.
We continue to honor his work, memory, and contributions. We recognize him under the banner of The Lauren Berry Method® of Corrective Massage.
The method developed by Berry is a unique, corrective technique. It utilizes muscle, ligament or organ positioning.
What makes the Berry Method ® unique…
With trauma, tissues such as ligaments or muscle can become displaced.
“I’m not a healer and I’m not a doctor. I’m a mechanic.”
There are many benefits to Berry’s techniques. They have stood the test of time and effectiveness.
Benefits of the Berry Method ® include:
- Increases circulation. This allows the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and organs.
- Stimulates the flow of lymph. This is the body’s natural defense system.
- Increased circulation improves the condition of the body’s largest organ – the skin.
- Relax and soften injured and overused muscles.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Reduce recovery time.
- Help prepare the body for strenuous workouts.
- Releases endorphins – the body’s natural painkiller.
- Used in chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
- Reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema.
- Used to reduce and realign scar tissue after healing has occurred.
- Improves range-of-motion.
- Decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain.
- Relieves the pain of migraine sufferers.
- Decreases the need for medication.
- Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles.
- Reduces shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion.
Want to include Berry Method® techniques in your practice? Sign up for classes now. Eugene Oregon CEU or Las Vegas CEU.
For more information about our CEU training, you’ll find it here.
Want the full story about Lauren Barry and the Berry Method ®? You can read about Lauren here.
Need help with Pain Relief?